Thursday, February 26, 2015

Concert Review by Abby

On February 24, Our class saw Bach, Rock, and Hip Hopby Project Trio and the St. Louis Symphony at Powell Hall. It was a little confusing getting in and out of Powell Hall, but the performance was great! I loved how project trio took classical pieces them more jazzy and adjusted them for their instruments. I also liked how the flute player found a way to beatbox with his flute. I enjoyed hearing Brahms Hungarian dance because I have heard only a small part of it but it was really cool to hear the whole thing! I enjoyed the indian classical piece but I thought the Salsa needed to be a bit less slow and boring to be more like a dance. Overall, I think it was a cool performance that put a cool spin on classical music.

No comments:

Post a Comment