Thursday, March 12, 2015

Shrek Review by LuLu

On March 5th we went to Wydown and saw the Wydown production of Shrek The Musical, which is mostly is about an ogre (Shrek) who saves princess Fiona (by order of a lord) and falls in love with her. In my opinion, the musical was great. To be honest, I did not expect the musical to be so advanced, there was a lot of complicated choreography and songs that seemed hard to pull off. It had the same components of a Broadway production when it came to the sets and technical things like that, which made the stage fit for such a good performance. Although I had never really seen a musical or movie of Shrek, I was surprised that the song “Now I’m A Believer” was not really incorporated into the musical, because it seems to be one of the more famous songs that has ever been in movies, musicals, or plays of Shrek. Still, all in all, the production was great and I can tell a lot of work has been put into getting this musical on its feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment